It has been a long, fantabulous, busy summer. It's so nice to see you again! Let's chat over a delicious pile of fries, shall we?
Baked Sweet Potato FriesYou will need:
3-4 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (or whatever seasoning blend you prefer)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
*1 teaspoon corn starch optional
* salt optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, pepper and seasoning. Set aside.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise. Then into strips, no more than 1/4" thick.
- Place cut potatoes in large bowl, drizzle oil mixture over top. Carefully mix to coat.
- Sprinkle corn starch over potatoes. Carefully mix until incorporated.
- Spread potatoes in a parchment paper lined baking sheet, in a single layer. You might need two pans.
- Bake for 24-30 minutes (depending on how crispy brown you like your edges!), turning over once halfway through cooking.
- Allow fries to rest five minutes.
- Enjoy with ketchup or your fave dipping sauce!
Gordon Ramsey would be less than pleased with my less than uniform pieces.
Already smells like snack paradise!
Potato, meet your date.
The corn starch helps these babies get extra crispy.
Sweet and savory magic!
Prepare for liftoff...
Yes, I'll share!